Ms. Cassandra Breland, Director of Guidance, was named the Crestwood High School Campus Teacher of the Year for the 2022-2023 school year. Cassandra Breland is currently serving as Director of School Counseling at Crestwood High […]READ MORE
Students enrolled in the program will be allowed to recover credit for English, math, science and social studies courses from the 2021-2022 school year. Upon successful completion of the Summer Learning Program, as demonstrated by mastery of grade level standards, including regular attendance and participation, your child will be re-evaluated for promotion to the next grade.
Program Dates: June 8, 2022 – June 30, 2022 – Monday through Thursday from 8:45am to 12:30pm.
Details for the Summer Learning Program are:
- Students attend Monday through Thursday, June 8 – 30 at your current school.
- Students should arrive by 8:30 AM and will be dismissed at 1:30 PM.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
- Bus transportation will be provided if needed.
- The Sumter School District Code of Conduct will be strictly enforced.
Sumter School District is supporting schools in providing summer learning programs for those students identified as not successfully completing and/or mastering grade-level standards. In order to be promoted to the next grade level, students in grades nine through 12 will be awarded units of credit for courses that have been approved by the South Carolina Department of Education. Requirements for promotion to each grade level are as follows:
- promotion from grade nine to grade 10: a total of five units of credit, including English I and a unit of mathematics
- promotion from grade 10 to grade 11: a total of 11 units of credit, including English I and II; two units of mathematics; and one unit of science
- promotion from grade 11 to grade 12: a total of 17 units of credit, including English I, II, and III; three credits of mathematics; and two credits of science
- high school graduation: a total of 24 total units of credit, including English I, II, III, and IV; four units of mathematics; three units of science, including one in which an end-of-course test is administered; one unit of U.S. History; 1/2 unit of Economics; 1/2 unit of Government; one additional unit of social studies; one unit of physical education; one unit of computer science; and one unit foreign language or occupational specialty.
Visit the CHS Testing webpage for test-specific information.
Parents are encouraged to join Schoology to receive updates on their student’s performance in each course.
- Go to www.schoology.com.
- Click Sign Up at the top of the page and choose Parent.
- Enter your Parent Access Code. This is a 12-digit code in xxxx-xxxx-xxxx format that you receive from one of your child’s instructors.
- Fill out the form with your information.
- Click Register to complete.
When you use a Parent Access Code to create an account, you are automatically associated with your child. You can add additional children to your account using the Add Child option.
- Parent Access Codes are unique to each student but can be used to make multiple parent accounts.
- If your Parent Access Code does not allow you to register or, if the code does not have 12 digits, please contact your child’s instructor or school for more information.
2021 Ticketing and Attendance Procedures for Crestwood High School Athletic Events.
All tickets must be purchased in advance. Tickets will not be sold at the gate. Parents of players will be allowed the first opportunity to purchase.
General admission tickets can be purchased online at www.chs.sumterschools.net or www.crestwoodathletics.com
The cost of the ticket is $7.00. The Clear Bag Policy will be enforced. No smoking or vaping. No pets allowed. Gathering on the field, in the gym and/or parking lot prior to or after the games is not permitted. Children 5 years of age and Under will be admitted free with a paying adult. SCHSL pass tickets/District ID’s will be accepted for entry at the gate this year. All in attendance are recommended to follow the guidelines of wearing face coverings at all times and maintaining consistent social distancing. Concessions will be available with limited, pre-packaged menu items.
Ticket cost for a varsity football is $7:00.
Ticket cost for a volleyball game is $5.00.
Ticket cost for a JV football game is $5.00.