Tues., May 17 – Thurs., May 19
4:00 – 6:00
Crestwood High School Gym
*Note: All girls who make the squad will cheer at the Relay for Life Walk-a-thon on Friday, May 20 from 5:00 – 9:00.
Dress Code for Tryouts:
White tennis shoes
White no show socks
Black Soffee shorts
Plain white T-shirt
Hair in a ponytail
*Note: If you are wearing tight clothes, you may be asked to purchase clothes that fit before you return to tryouts.
New Athletic Physical dated after April 1, 2016
Parent Permission Form
*Note: All paperwork must be turned in by Friday, May 13th to Mrs. M. Jackson or Ms. Candy Leggett, CHS Bookkeeper. Middle School candidates may drop their forms off at Crestwood prior to May 13th or bring them on the first day of tryouts.
If you have any questions, you may contact Mrs. Melissa Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Any student who makes the cheerleading squad for the first time is an alternate. As an alternate cheerleader, you must learn all of the cheers, chants, and dances before you can cheer at any event. You must also attend camp and summer practices.
2. An alternate may also be an athlete that has not fully completed the tryout process. Once all requirements have been fulfilled, an alternate may become a full member of the cheer squad if space is available. As an alternate cheerleader, you must learn all of the cheers, chants, and dances before you can cheer at any event. You must also attend camp and summer practices.
If you have any questions, please ask Mrs. Jackson at practice.
Transfer Cheerleaders Requirements
1. Copy of the most recent report card (including attendance)
2. Copy of the most recent discipline report
3. Letter from your previous cheerleading coach stating the you made the squad for the upcoming school year
4. Contact information from your previous cheerleading coach
5. Current South Carolina High School Athletic Physical
6. Copy of your Birth Certificate
7. Cheerleading Information Form*
8. Parent Permission Slip*
9. Tryouts to include cheer, chant, dance, jumps, and stunts (gymnastics – optional)
*This information can be found on the Crestwood Website on the Cheerleading Web page.
Tryouts will be held during the first month of school for transfer cheerleaders. Transfer cheerleaders will only be placed on the squad after all requirements have met and if space is available. All new and transfer cheerleaders will be alternates until all cheer material has been learned.
If you have any questions, please email Mrs. M. Jackson at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mrs. Melissa W. Jackson
Crestwood Cheer Coach