2017-2018 Fall/Winter End-Of-Course Exams
All students enrolled in Algebra 1, Biology 1, English 1 and U. S. History & the Constitution in South Carolina will take a standardized test at the end of each course. The End of Course Examination Program (EOCEP) is a statewide assessment program of end of course tests for specific courses in English/language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies. The EOCEP encourages instruction in the specific academic standards for the courses, increases student achievement, and documents the level of students’ mastery of the academic standards. EOCEP examination scores count 20 percent in the calculation of the student’s final grade in the courses.
Below is the schedule for the EOCEP:
- Wednesday, November 29, 2017 – English I TDA (NEW)
- Tuesday, January 9, 2018 – Algebra I
- Wednesday, January 10, 2018 – English 1
- Thursday, January 11, 2018 – Biology I
- Friday, January 12, 2018 – U. S. History
The best preparation for testing is the rigorous instruction that your child has received throughout the year in his/her classroom. We are also preparing our students for state testing by helping them to develop 1. test taking strategies and 2. by familiarizing them with the format of the tests. Please speak to your child about the test experience. It is important that students approach the test with seriousness and confidence. We count on your support in the following ways:
- Students must be present and on time.
- Students must NOT bring any electronic devices into the testing location.
- Medical appointments and other out-of-school functions should not be scheduled during testing hours. If your child arrives at school after testing has begun, he/she will be escorted to an assigned area in order not to disrupt the testing environment for the other students.
- Please help alleviate any anxieties your child may have about EOCEP testing and encourage him/her to take the test seriously and to put in their best effort.
- Please ensure that your child eats a wholesome, nutritious breakfast each day.
- Please ensure that your child is well rested and ready to do his/her best work.