Welcome to “The Castle”
Home of the Knights
“KEEPING ACADEMICS AND CITIZENSHIP FIRST AND FOREMOST”
Due to school closures as a result of Hurricane Florence, students will make up school on October 22, January 18 and February 18. State law mandates that school districts make up the first three days by utilizing the inclement weather days indicated on their calendars. If more than three days are missed, the local school board of trustees, by a majority vote, may waive no more than three additional days. A decision regarding the fourth day that was missed will be announced at a later time.
Per order of the Governor, all Sumter School District schools and offices will be closed beginning Tuesday, September 11 until further notice due to Hurricane Florence. This includes the cancellation of all after school activities starting on Tuesday. The Board meeting scheduled for Monday, September 10 has also been canceled.
All updates will be posted on our Facebook page.
Dear Crestwood Family,
The Crestwood Administrative Team along with the faculty and staff are excited about another school year. We asked for your continued support in the process of providing a first class education for all students to ensure that they are college and career ready. To accomplish this goal, we ask for your assistance in the following areas:
- Ensure your child comes to school daily (only 5 absences per semester)
- Monitor attendance and grades via Parent Portal
- Communicate with teachers on a regular basis regarding classroom performance and behavior
- Monitor the amount of time spent on social media, watching television, playing games, media, etc.
- Inquire about their daily experiences at school
- Update the school regarding major life changes that occur
As we work together, our children will become more productive and compete at higher levels. As the principal, I will work diligently to ensure a safe, nurturing, and high-quality educational environment. Please do not hesitate to contact me when needed.