On February 20, 2019, The ACT® will be administered to 11th grade students during the regular school day.
The ACT® scores will provide you with information about your student’s progress toward college readiness and is widely used by colleges in making decisions about admission. Students who take The ACT® according to ACT, Inc. requirements will be able to share their ACT scores with up to four colleges or universities for free. The ACT® includes multiple-choice tests in English, Reading, Mathematics, and Science, as well as a Writing test, which is an essay.
Please speak to your child about the test experience. It is important that students approach the test with seriousness and confidence. We count on your support in the following ways:
- Students are required to present IDs before entering the test room.
- Please make sure your student arrives to school promptly on testing days.
- Students must NOT bring any electronic devices or other personal belongings into the testing location.
- Medical appointments and other out-of-school functions should not be scheduled during testing hours. If your child arrives at school after testing has begun, he/she will be escorted to an assigned area in order not to disrupt the testing environment for the other students. He/she will then take the missed test during make-up testing times or during the next scheduled class.
For more information about The ACT® please contact your child’s guidance counselor or the Site Test Coordinator (STC) at 803-469-6200 or visit http://ed.sc.gov/tests/high.
James T. Curry, Assistant Principal/STC
Shirley Gamble, Principal
Welcome to “The Castle”
Home of the Knights
“KEEPING ACADEMICS AND CITIZENSHIP FIRST AND FOREMOST”
Dear Crestwood Family,
The Crestwood Administrative Team along with the faculty and staff are excited about another successful semester at The Castle. We ask for your continued support in the process of providing a first class education for all students to ensure that they are college and career ready. To accomplish this goal, we ask for your assistance in the following areas:
- Ensure your child comes to school daily (only 5 absences per semester)
- Monitor attendance and grades via Parent Portal
- Communicate with teachers on a regular basis regarding classroom performance and behavior
- Monitor the amount of time spent on social media, watching television, playing games, media, etc.
- Inquire about their daily experiences at school
- Update the school regarding major life changes that occur
As we work together, our children will become more productive and compete at higher levels. As the principal, I will work diligently to ensure a safe, nurturing, and high-quality educational environment. Please do not hesitate to contact me when needed.
Due to school closures as a result of Hurricane Florence, students will make up school on October 22, January 18 and February 18. The three inclement weather make-up days designated on the district’s calendar will be half days for student attendance. On October 22, January 18, and February 18, elementary schools will dismiss at 11 AM, middle schools will dismiss at 11:30 AM, and high schools will dismiss at 12:30 PM. Breakfast and lunch will be served.
As a reminder, state law mandates that school districts make up the first three days by utilizing inclement weather days indicated on their calendars. If more than three days are missed, the local school board of trustees, by a majority vote, may waive no more than three additional days. A decision regarding the fourth day that was missed will be announced at a later time.
Crestwood High School’s graduation will take place at 9 AM on Friday, June 7th. Each student will receive eight tickets for guests who are asked to arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to the start of graduation. The doors will lock temporarily for seven minutes prior to processional and will reopen once the processional is complete. Graduation rehearsal will take place on Thursday, June 6. Time will be announced at a later date.
Please be reminded that the following items will NOT be permitted into the facility: air horns, balloons, banners, flowers, gifts, noise makers, packages, strollers, food and beverages.