Welcome to “The Castle”
Home of the Knights
“KEEPING ACADEMICS AND CITIZENSHIP FIRST AND FOREMOST”
WIN Assessment is Wednesday, April 3, 2019. This is a state-mandated test for current 11th graders and any student who entered high school during the 2016-2017 school year as a freshman. The test will begin at 9:00 am. Please be on time and come prepared for testing.
A makeup test session will be held on Wednesday, April 10, 2019 at 8:45 AM at Crestwood High School. This makeup session is for 11th graders or students who entered high school during the 2016-2017 school year as freshmen only.
- May 9, 2019 English I End of Course (EOCEP) TDA
- May 13, 2019 English II End of Course (EOCEP) TDA Field Test
- May 14, 2019 English II End of Course Exam (EOCEP) Field Test
- May 20, 2019 English I End of Course Exam (EOCEP)
- May 21, 2019 Algebra I End of Course Exam (EOCEP)
- May 22, 2019 Biology I End of Course Exam (EOCEP)
- May 23, 2019 U.S. History End of Course Exam (EOCEP)
All students enrolled in Algebra 1, Biology 1, English 1 and U. S. History & the Constitution in South Carolina will take a standardized test at the end of each course. The End of Course Examination Program (EOCEP) is a statewide assessment program of end of course tests for specific courses in English/language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies. The EOCEP encourages instruction in the specific academic standards for the courses, increases student achievement, and documents the level of students’ mastery of the academic standards. EOCEP examination scores count 20 percent in the calculation of the student’s final grade in the courses.
The best preparation for testing is the rigorous instruction that your child has received throughout the year in his/her classroom. We are also preparing our students for state testing by helping them to develop 1. test taking strategies and 2. by familiarizing them with the format of the tests. Please speak to your child about the test experience. It is important that students approach the test with seriousness and confidence. We count on your support in the following ways:
- Students must be present and on time.
- Students must NOT bring any electronic devices into the testing location.
- Medical appointments and other out-of-school functions should not be scheduled during testing hours. If your child arrives at school after testing has begun, he/she will be escorted to an assigned area in order not to disrupt the testing environment for the other students.
- Please help alleviate any anxieties your child may have about EOCEP testing and encourage him/her to take the test seriously and to put in their best effort.
- Please ensure that your child eats a wholesome, nutritious breakfast each day.
- Please ensure that your child is well rested and ready to do his/her best work.
Dear Crestwood Family,
The Crestwood Administrative Team along with the faculty and staff are excited about another successful semester at The Castle. We ask for your continued support in the process of providing a first class education for all students to ensure that they are college and career ready. To accomplish this goal, we ask for your assistance in the following areas:
- Ensure your child comes to school daily (only 5 absences per semester)
- Monitor attendance and grades via Parent Portal
- Communicate with teachers on a regular basis regarding classroom performance and behavior
- Monitor the amount of time spent on social media, watching television, playing games, media, etc.
- Inquire about their daily experiences at school
- Update the school regarding major life changes that occur
As we work together, our children will become more productive and compete at higher levels. As the principal, I will work diligently to ensure a safe, nurturing, and high-quality educational environment. Please do not hesitate to contact me when needed.
Crestwood High School’s graduation will take place at 9 AM on Friday, June 7th. Each student will receive eight tickets for guests who are asked to arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to the start of graduation. The doors will lock temporarily for seven minutes prior to processional and will reopen once the processional is complete. Graduation rehearsal will take place on Thursday, June 6. Time will be announced at a later date.
Please be reminded that the following items will NOT be permitted into the facility: air horns, balloons, banners, flowers, gifts, noise makers, packages, strollers, food and beverages.